[Xapian-discuss] trac email confirmation

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 23 07:53:52 BST 2009

Hi folks,

We've been getting increasing numbers of spammer addresses signing up on
trac.xapian.org, though fortunately so far only a minority have actually
manage to successfully spam the wiki or tickets (and we have a script to
clean up most such activity).

So far I've been going through periodically and deleting them, but this
is rather tedious and I'd rather spend the time coding, so I've now
enabled the option requiring confirmation of a new account by email.

It appears that this means that existing accounts also need to confirm
- you should get an explanatory banner with a link to click to send an
email to you, with a link you click on.