[Xapian-discuss] Database flush problem

Matt Chen ceator at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 08:08:07 BST 2009

hey,

  Thank you for excellent work, I have a little problem here.

  I made a search daemon, it holds a database obj for a long time,
while the search request comes, it searches and return the results.
For my own point of view, I think it holds a database obj is good for
performance, it doesn't need to build database for every request. But
I found if I have changed the database, like delete a document, the
database didn't flush, only if I restart the search daemon.

  So my question is, the long life database obj, does it matter ? For
every request build new database obj, is it right ? or is there a
better way to handle this that I don't know ?

  Thank you.

Matt