[Xapian-discuss] Emulating SQL JOIN in xapian

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Mar 3 14:04:17 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 12:13:50PM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:

> A PostingSource can contribute weight.  I'm not sure how the "virtual"
> documents from the join would be represented though.

I was assuming the easiest way would be to augment the receipt
documents rather than generate synthetic documents. (Because in this
case we're talking about a simple situation where the join is really
being used to combine the attributes across matching tuples from two
relations, rather than to do any more funky operations.)

However that may be impossible at the moment.

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org