[Xapian-discuss] set_bias()?

Silviu-Ionut Ganceanu silviug at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 22:58:47 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've started playing with Xapian for a personal project. Until now all went
great: it's simple, effective and besides this it looks encouragingly
compact. Unfortunately, I hit a wall today: I wanted to alter the weighting
scheme to give priority to newer documents (possibly adding extra weights
using a function which decreases exponentialy with time).

Of course, I've searched the mailing list archive, documentation, faq etc.
I've come across set_bias() and it really looked exactly what I wanted.
Unfortunately, I found out that it's completely removed. What happened to
it? Why it wasn't re-implemented it until now?

Are there any alternatives?

Thanks,

Silviu