[Xapian-discuss] multiple database update scripts

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Mar 18 21:47:35 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 09:04:18AM -0400, Jim Spath wrote:
> Olly Betts wrote:
> > Fixed in SVN trunk and backported so this will be fixed in 1.0.12.
> >
> > You can get the patch here:
> >
> > http://trac.xapian.org/changeset/12208/branches/1.0/xapian-core/backends/flint/flint_lock.cc?format=diff&new=12208
>
> Great... thanks Olly!
>
> Unfortunately I have to wait until a package is released to try it out
> ... my sys admin isn't to keen on building from source :)

If you're on Debian or Ubuntu, I've not prepared packages yet so I will
include this patch.

> What's your sense of when 1.0.12 might be ready?

As http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/RoadMap says:

"There's no fixed release date for 1.0.12, but perhaps expect something
in May 2009."

We're mostly focussing on pushing towards 1.1.0 right now, so there's
likely to be 2 months or so between 1.0 releases and 1.0.11 is only just
out.

We might release sooner if there's a very important bug fixed.