[Xapian-discuss] making my db leaner and meaner

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Fri Mar 27 11:49:37 GMT 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:47:52 +0000, Ben wrote:

> It's a Linux box (debian Lenny). We are getting kernel errors to do with
> excess time taken to write to disk, exacerbated at least by my website -

Side-note: There is a recent thread on the kernel-mailinglist about this
problem:

 * http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/811167/focus=811228

No fix yet, but it seems that there is interest in discussing it.

(It looks like an error in the output of the kernel, but it's more like
a warning, I think.)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "They are very important clients, they can't wait."          Adam Sjøgren
 "They're about to."                                     asjo at koldfront.dk