[Xapian-discuss] different stemming

james cauwelier james.cauwelier at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:43:16 BST 2009

Another question from me.  Let me already thank everybody on this mailing
list.  Last time I was really helped with the answers on this list.

QUESTION

The site I am working on has products in different languages (dutch,
english, french, italian, spanish).  I want to search these products, but
while indexing I should use the correct stemmer.  No problem, because I know
the language of a product description.

But when somebody queries the database I have no information about the
language.  Thus, I am not able to select the correct stemmer for queries.
How should I solve this?  Skip stemming altogether?  That 's what I am doing
now.

Thanks,
James