[Xapian-discuss] Problem with weight_cutoff (not percent_cutoff)

Kevin Duraj kevin.softdev at gmail.com
Tue May 12 02:44:34 BST 2009

I have problem with weight_cutoff, do not be mistaken with
percent_cutoff that works fine and great.

I have approximately 1 million of documents found by a search criteria
in order to sort them I am need to cutoff documents that I know during
indexing are not as important as some other documents. Therefore I
assign 50+ weight to important documents during indexing and hoping
that when my result sets gets too big I can cutoff all document with
weight less than 50 as on the following example.

$enq->set_cutoff(0, 50);

But it does not work, when I set weight cutoff = 50 (not percent
cutoff ), I do not get any results even I know for sure I have many
documents weighter 50+ with that search criteria. I would like to know
if that is a mistake I am doing somewhere or we have a bug in Xapian.

Thanks,
Kevin Duraj
http://myhealthcare.com/