[Xapian-discuss] Avoiding "stale" Search Results

Miki Tebeka miki at fattoc.com
Tue May 19 03:16:36 BST 2009

Hello,

I'm using the Python bindings to query a remote xapian-tcpsrv (xapian
1.1.0).

Once I have the result set I can get the SearchResult objects from it.
However if I wait a little bit and then try to access the result object I
get the following error:
    DatabaseModifiedError: REMOTE:The revision being read has been discarded -
    you should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation

I guess this is due to a change in the database (there is another process
adding documents).

Is there a way to tell xapain to cache locally the SearchResult objects so
I won't need to call db.reopen() all the time?

Thanks,
--
Miki Tebeka
miki at fattoc.com