[Xapian-discuss] Problem with python2.5

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu May 21 00:43:34 BST 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 07:18:13PM -0400, Lavoie Francis wrote:

> It's the first time I use xapian, and it work fine on my mac with
> python2.5
>
> But when I update my code with the prod server, running linux instead
> of OSX, I got a utf8 error.

Is this Debian? And which version?

> the result of:
> grep Py_UNICODE_SIZE /usr/local/include/python2.5/pyconfig.h
> returns :
> #define Py_UNICODE_SIZE 2

This looks like you're using your own build of python; any particular
reason?

This may or may not be a similar problem to that reported (and
ultimately solved) previously:
<http://lists.tartarus.org/pipermail/xapian-discuss/2007-December/004913.html>.

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org