[Xapian-discuss] Avoiding "stale" Search Results

Miki Tebeka miki at fattoc.com
Thu May 21 14:37:12 BST 2009

Hello James,

> Please keep replies on-list so everyone can help and learn from each
> other.
Sorry, my bad. Hit the wrong reply button :)

> > I'm still getting these errors when the load is heavy.
> Definitely look at batching your writes, then. (I assume the error is
> always from there and not elsewhere.) Note that by default the library
> will batch writes anyway, so I'm guessing you're creating a new
> process (or at least a new WriteableDatabase instance) for each new
> document?
I wanted to get the most accurate results every time so I've flushed the
database on every document. I'll just remove that and see how it goes.

I still think there should be an option to get "non-lazy" results if the
user want to. My internal network is fast enough to handle the load.

All the best,
--
Miki Tebeka
miki at fattoc.com