[Xapian-discuss] Omindex python - first version.

Srijon Biswas srijon.biswas at googlemail.com
Thu May 28 18:13:12 BST 2009

Hi all.

I've put up another version of the python based indexer up at
https://launchpad.net/xapian.python.indexer.
The release is in trunk itself. I will use that as the place to check in any
changes in the code.

The name has been changed to xapian_python_indexer to avoid confusion with
the omindex code. The code has been heavily changed. Unluckily due to the
move to Launchpad from my regular repository where it was a part of my
project, the changeset from last time has been lost. (If someone knows how
to get that, I can try and get it out).

Main changes:
- testcases
- bugfixes (lots, and major ones)
- some optimizations

You will need to install BeautifulSoup (
http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/).

To run the test cases, just call: "python test/test_xapian_py_indexer.py"
To run the app itself: "python ./xapian_py_indexer.py"
* The "./" is necessary right now - it's a bug that I'll fix by the next
release.

PS: I realize that making the release via this mailing list may not be what
the list is intended for. This should be the last mail on the matter.

Thanks,
Srijon.