[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.13 released

Henry henka at cityweb.co.za
Thu May 28 20:04:19 BST 2009

Quoting "Olly Betts" <olly at survex.com>:
> Your best chance of success if to use the corresponding Search::Xapian
> and xapian-core version, so if you're using SVN trunk xapian-core, then
> use SVN trunk search-xapian with it.
>
> If you use the top-level bootstrap and configure script as recommended
> by HACIKING then you should get it all to build together nicely - this
> should be working at the moment, as I'm not being bombarded with mail by
> the snapshot builder.

Thanks for the feedback.  Yup, followed this procedure from the start
- it compiles cleanly.

Still getting this error though:

Can't load
'/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Search/Xapian/Xapian.so' for module Search::Xapian: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Search/Xapian/Xapian.so: undefined symbol: _ZTVN6Xapian4v10225NumberValueRangeProcessorE at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
230.

Any ideas?

> CPAN is actually a lot of different mirrors, so it takes a few days for
> an upload to be visible to everyone.

You're right, of course.  I remembered this after clicking Send.