[Xapian-discuss] how to debug xapian?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Nov 4 01:12:06 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 09:15:16PM +0800, jiangwen jiang wrote:
>      I have installed xapian, with ./configure --enable-log --enable-debug,

You're either using an ancient version of Xapian, or are mistaken about the
configure options you used - since 1.0.0 --enable-debug has given an error:

configure: error: '--enable-debug' is no longer supported, use '--enable-assertions' instead.

> but I cannot use gdb to step into xapian function(using c++ interface)

You shouldn't need any configure options, and gdb should just work.

Just saying "I cannot use gdb" doesn't give me much to go on.  How exactly are
you trying to run your program under gdb, what happens, and what did you expect
should happen?