[Xapian-discuss] Questions about the "Atomic modifications" of xapian

岳帅杰 ysj.ray at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 10:03:38 GMT 2009

Hi, all:

    I read the "Xapian Administrator's Guide" and it says in the "Atomic
modifications" section:

    """
    If the system is interrupted during a modification, the database should
always be left in a valid state. This applies even if the power is cut
unexpectedly, as long as the disk does not become corrupted due to hardware
failure.
    """

    I want to know how xapian could guarantee this. I cannot found answer on
the web.
    Could anyone can give some explaination?

--
Best wishes from Ray ...