[Xapian-discuss] The revision being read has been discarded

Andreas Marienborg andreas at startsiden.no
Fri Oct 2 06:53:10 BST 2009

On 1 Oct 2009, at 16:35, double wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What does this error mean? What do to is clear :-), but what
> was the cause?
>
> The revision being read has been discarded - you should call
> Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation

This is usually a result of the database chaining during the read, or
in between calling enquire and get_mset (at least thats when I get it).

I usually (in perl) eval around it in a loop and retry a few times
with reopen each time, but I index new items several times each
minute, so I guess I'm getting the exception more often than some
other use cases should :)

- andreas