[Xapian-discuss] Filtering queries with many boolean terms

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Mon Oct 5 19:27:38 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 09:15:48PM -0400, Jason Tackaberry wrote:

>         (foo) (tid:0 tid:1 tid:2 tid:3)

What are the brackets for? The '*' in the output is, I think,
OP_SCALE_WEIGHT, which doesn't seem a good query structure for what
you're trying to do.

You actually want a FILTER query at top level; which you've figured
out how to generate. I don't know why this isn't behaving as fast as
you want (some tabulated figures on this, with information about the
corpus size and so on might help others respond here).

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org