[Xapian-discuss] Filtering queries with many boolean terms

Jason Tackaberry tack at urandom.ca
Thu Oct 8 15:30:01 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-08 at 01:07 +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> Unnecessary extra work happens both when replace_document() is called,
> and also when flush() is (or when it happens implicitly).

Excellent.  I noticed the target for issue #250 is 1.2.0.  Is that still
the current target, and if so, do you have any sense at this point
roughly when this would be released?

Also, do you yet have some intuition as to what kind of speed
improvement should be expected?

> (On the second attempt) I seem to have managed to write a testcase for
> this scaling problem.  I'll investigate what's causing it.

For my purposes, constructing the XTID filter via the API rather than
using the parser makes a lot more sense as well as being much faster,
but I'm sure other people will benefit from your investigation. :)

Thanks,
Jason.