[Xapian-discuss] Grouping results

Torsten Bronger bronger at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Oct 14 07:20:23 BST 2009

Hallöchen!

I use Xapian to index a lot of PDF files.  My current approach is to
have every PDF page as a Xapian document, so that I can report the
page number to the user via document.get_value(0).  This works well.

However, it's not so nice that the pages of a certain PDF file are
spread over the whole hits list.  I could tell Xapian to report very
many (maybe even all) hits to me so I could group them by PDF file
in the main program.  But possibly someone here has a more elegant
solution?

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: torsten.bronger at jabber.rwth-aachen.de