[Xapian-discuss] Doc Value Query in Omega

James Aylett james at tartarus.org
Thu Oct 22 12:09:14 BST 2009

Please keep replies on-list.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 07:30:30PM -0500, Kenneth Loafman wrote:

> >> Is it possible to query a document value (doc.set_value(i, val)) as part
> >> of the Omega query.  I know how to do it from code.  Is there a query
> >> markup to use for Omega?
> >
> > $value{VALUENO,[DOCID]}, as documented in
> > <http://xapian.org/docs/omega/omegascript.html>.
>
> Sorry, I guess I phrased the question badly... Is there a way to enter a
> query string to search for "doc.value[2] == 'foo'"?

Not that I'm aware of. Why would you do such a thing? Declare a prefix
for whatever semantics you're ascribing to value[2], and use that. eg,
if it were for the town the document refers to, declare say XTOWN and
add the term XTOWNfoo to that document, and declare a town -> XTOWN
prefix, then you can search for town:foo (I'm guessing it'll be a
boolean prefix, so you aren't going to be including it in the
user-exposed query string).

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org