[Xapian-discuss] Xapian on SSD vs SATA

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Oct 23 16:03:16 BST 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 04:00:04PM +0200, Arjen van der Meijden wrote:

> I totally agree, there have been some reports about users loosing there
> interest if the page takes more than 0.2-1 second...

There's some research from (I believe) back in the 80s that suggests
that < 0.1s response times in an interface appear seamless to a
user. > 1s response times break flow for many people, meaning they
drift off.

(Of course, getting < 0.1s response times over the internet is an
interesting challenge.)

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org