[Xapian-discuss] Buggy checkatleast?

Silviu-Ionut Ganceanu silviug at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:48:55 BST 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to implement pagination using MSet::get_estimated_results(). To
improve the accuracy I'm using checkatleast (set to 501) when I call
Enquire::get_mset() as mentioned here:
http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/MoreAccurateEstimates

I was surprised to see that I get an estimated number of results of 47 after
the first call to get_mset (with start=0, count=10) and 17 after the second
call to get_mset (start=10, count=10). What looks buggy here is that while I
specify that I want at least 501 documents to be checked, Xapian seems to
fail to count the exact number of documents (which is lower than 501).

I don't know if it's relevant but I'm using boolean filters (location) in
the query and python bindings.

Thanks,

--
Silviu-Ionuţ Gănceanu