[Xapian-discuss] high update-frequency strategy

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Sep 3 12:06:35 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 12:37:04PM +0200, Jan wrote:
> According to the Xapian website, this may become one of the "bigger"
> Xapian systems. Any idea, how "big", say, Gmane is ?

I posted about this just last week actually.

It's just a single server, currently "2U Athlon 64 2GHz machine, 3GB RAM
with 500GB disks for index storage and a spool mirror".

The database is 138GB (chert format, no positional data).  Current size
is a little over 70 million documents.  Source data size is 265GB.