[Xapian-discuss] how can i search and add document at same time

David P. Novakovic davidnovakovic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 07:06:47 BST 2009

I've had this problem too - it's when the index files are at different
revisions and you try to read. The only way i got around this was by
creating a delta and manually (using a script that replaced old docs or
added new ones) periodically merged the delta into the main index.

I know sphinx offers this functionality natively which is kinda cool.

I guess we could also use a lock on reads for those split moments where the