[Xapian-discuss] how can i search and add document at same time

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Wed Sep 9 10:50:04 BST 2009

2009/9/9 David P. Novakovic <davidnovakovic at gmail.com>

> The second handle will fail reads sometimes with a corrupt database
> error...
> I've spoken to olly about it.. i think the general concensus was that two
> of
> the files in the index may be at different revisions when the search is
> performed.

I was aware that there have been problems like that in the past, but not
that any such problems are outstanding.  Is there a ticket open about this?
If so, I'd like to take a look, because I frequently run searches on high
load systems in which the database is being updated behind the scenes, and
haven't yet come across this with trunk.

Just to check - you're not talking about a DatabaseModifiedError are you?
If so, then calling reopen() on the Database reader before you perform each
search, and ensuring that the time between modifications is greater than the
time that a search takes should prevent you ever seeing
DatabaseModifiedErrors.

--
Richard