[Xapian-discuss] Ruby Bindings

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sat Sep 12 17:31:52 BST 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:44:49PM +0800, Stuart Hall wrote:

> I am trying to implement a weight in ruby.

In 1.0, Weight is only subclassable in Python. You could try
rebuilding the bindings (you'll need SWIG installed); the code is
around line 600 in xapian-bindings/xapian.i -- although whether you'll
have any luck I have no idea.

In 1.1, this is disabled entirely. I can't find a ticket for this, so
I don't know what the current discussion is around this.

  James Aylett

  talktorex.co.uk - xapian.org - uncertaintydivision.org