[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.16 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Sep 15 10:13:16 BST 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 08:42:27AM +0100, Charlie Hull wrote:
> We've never supplied PHP4 bindings as prebuilt binaries to my knowledge,
> but the code in the build files allows for specifying PHP4. I'll see
> what I can do....

Oh, I missed that this was for PHP *4*!

Putting effort in to adding support for PHP4 seems rather pointless
at this point, since PHP4 has been declared dead by its developers for
over a year now.  Better to direct efforts towards migrating away from
PHP4, and improving Xapian's PHP5 support.

We've not ripped support out from 1.0.x, but I (personally) don't intend
to devote non-trivial effort to keeping it working (so I'll apply
suitable patches but probably not much more), and PHP4 support is gone
from 1.1.x.