[Xapian-discuss] Best Practices for Compaction?

Arjen van der Meijden acmmailing at tweakers.net
Fri Sep 18 14:41:09 BST 2009

Hi Ken,

We're only updating the database in intervals, not continuously.
What we're doing is basically:
[symlink for the database is to compacted database]
update "working" database
change symlink for database to "working"
compact working to a new compact database
change symlink for database back to compact

And we repeat that every two hours.

Best regards,

Arjen