[Xapian-discuss] Terminating a Xapian query

Jean-Francois Dockes jf at dockes.org
Fri Sep 25 17:50:38 BST 2009

Olly Betts writes:

 > On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 04:24:02PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
 > > progsrv will have to be started by something, won't it?
 >
 > It's run when you call Remote::open().
 >
 > You could start xapian-tcpsrv yourself in one-shot mode on a chosen port
 > and then easily kill it, but the port management would be kind of icky.

Thanks for all the input. I'll take a look at the subprocess approach.

On my Christmas wish list (year unspecified :) ) : some sort of
settable callback, which would be called at a "reasonable" rythm during
query processing, and would be allowed to throw an exception or otherwise
indicate that a cancellation is requested.

Regards,
jfd