[Xapian-discuss] Question from a new user of xapian: query term weight

Ken Pu kenpuca at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 21:23:15 BST 2010

Hi all,

I've been a Lucene user for the past year, but lately, with most of my
project moving to Python, I really love Xapian's clean python binding.
 I can't seem to see how to boost a query term using Xapian's query
syntax.  In Lucene, there is "hello^4 world^.2" to boost "hello" and
suppress "world".  However, digging through Xapian's documentation, I
only see that Xapian supports boosting of document terms (restricted
to integers), but not query terms.

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Ken Pu