[Xapian-discuss] Problem with stop words by indexing

Emmanuel Engelhart emmanuel at engelhart.org
Mon Apr 5 18:13:02 BST 2010

Hi,

I try to remove stop words during the index process and I have no stemming.
I have tried with a simple example but it does not work at all.

I have my writableDatabase and my termGenerator (indexer) and they work
well both together: I can index texts and search trough the database
correctly.

But if I add (before indexing my texts):
Xapian::SimpleStopper stopper;
stopper.add("testword");
indexer.set_stopper(&stopper);

... the result is exactly the same as before. I have checked with delve
and "testword" is indexed.

Do I use the SimpleStopper in a right way?

Regards
Emmanuel