[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.1.5 (release candidate for 1.2.0) released

Jean-Francois Dockes jf at dockes.org
Sat Apr 17 13:44:26 BST 2010

(sorry couldn't actually reply to the message, I deleted it too fast)

I've got a configure error with 1.1.5 on FreeBSD 7.3-STABLE:

checking for uuid/uuid.h... no
configure: error: uuid/uuid.h not found - required for brass, chert and flint (you may need to install the uuid-dev, libuuid-devel or e2fsprogs-devel package)

uuid.h is in /usr/include on FreeBSD (but it's in uuid/uuid.h on macosx
strangely).

Also FreeBSD does not have uuid_generate(), it apparently has an equivalent
function named uuid_create().

jf