[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.1.5 (release candidate for 1.2.0) released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Apr 18 00:04:39 BST 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 03:44:21PM +0200, Jean-Francois Dockes wrote:
> Given that uuid_generate() is not part of POSIX as far as I know, wouldn't
> it be nice that configure either makes a little more effort to search for
> it or provide command line options to designate the uuid library (ie:
> something like --with-uuidlib=xxx) ?

It's not POSIX, but the UUID interface we expect is specified by OSF DSE 1.1
according to the man page.  So it seems to be standardised.

As I said, if you can send a sane patch, that would be cool.  I don't have
access to FreeBSD, and I don't really have time to make space and install
it right now.

Not sure a configure argument is needed - we should be able to just probe
for each interface and use whichever we find.