[Xapian-discuss] Xapian binary download

Charlie Hull charlie at flax.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 09:23:26 BST 2010

On 04/08/2010 16:02, JENNINGS, Ashley wrote:
> I have been looking for an open source search engine for use on a company intranet site to search certain file repositories.
 > am not a software developer so compiling myself is not an option. Is
there a binary download available for use in JavaScript?

There isn't any kind of Javascript-compatible API for Xapian I'm afraid.

 >Also, is Xapian able to index the contents of office documents?

Not itself, but the Omega application and our own Flax application can
do so.

If you're running on Windows you could try Flax Basic:
http://www.flax.co.uk/the_software

This is a (deliberately) very simple search application, but it will let
you index Office documents, PDFs and HTML, and gives you a basic search
front end. If you have any questions do contact us via the Flax website.

Regards

Charlie