[Xapian-discuss] NetBeans and Java Bindings

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Aug 24 06:36:17 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:23:56PM -0700, Kevin Duraj wrote:
> Nobody has succeeded in getting the Java bindings to work with
> NetBeans, because most of us programming in C++ and Perl.

While it's hard to get reliable figures, I think you'd struggle to justify
that claim.  For instance, all the indications I've seen point to Xapian being
used more with Python than Perl by a substantial margin.  It seems likely
Ruby is ahead of Perl in this regard too.

> Please help the bindings with NetBeans to work, and post the updates.

Yes, patches are certainly welcome.

I don't know anything about NetBeans, but you might have more success with
the "java-swig" bindings.  The hope is that these will eventually replace
the hand-coded JNI bindings, though development has largely stalled:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/8354