[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu packages of 1.2.3

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Aug 30 03:29:53 BST 2010

I've updated the Debian packaging for Debian and Ubuntu for Xapian 1.2.3.

The Xapian 1.2.3 packages are now in Debian unstable and should transition
to Debian testing fairly soon, and certainly in time for the upcoming
release of Debian 6.0 (squeeze).

I'm using a second PPA on launchpad for backported versions of these packages
for various Ubuntu releases:

https://launchpad.net/~xapian-backports/+archive/xapian-1.2

This now includes packages for the upcoming Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick) release,
due out 2010-10-10.

For Xapian 1.2, I've stopped backporting packages to Ubuntu 6.06 (dapper) as
users conservative enough to stick with such an old release seem unlikely to
want the latest and greatest Xapian release, and the time it takes to continue
to support it can be more usefully spent.

Packages of 1.0.x (currently 1.0.20) are still available from the usual PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~xapian-backports/+archive/ppa