[Xapian-discuss] Indexing images, .zip, .dwg and other binary files

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Dec 2 00:28:42 GMT 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 12:05:22AM +0100, Brian Burton wrote:
> I have finally cobbled together a solution so I'll post it here for anyone
> else who has this question.

Thanks.  I've opened a ticket in trac for this issue:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/519

Not sure if you found it, but this has some tips on adding support for
additional file formats to omindex:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/FAQ/OmegaNewFileFormat

I've been doing some work recently to make it possible to add new filters
without patching code and recompiling.  Currently that's on trunk, but
hasn't gone into a release yet.

Cheers,
    Olly