[Xapian-discuss] Xapian core dumping on Solaris

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Mon Feb 1 10:09:42 GMT 2010

On 1 February 2010 10:06, Tom <banoffi at gmail.com> wrote:
> The latter. The error message is caught and logged before the process dies.

Weird - the backtrace makes it look like the process has died in the
middle of a call to zlib, so I can't see how it could return the error
to Python before dumping core.

> It's a multithreaded web app, using web.py. The only shared object,
> though, is the Database. That's safe, isn't it?

No (assuming you mean the Xapian Database).  You can't have any Xapian
objects accessed concurrently, including the Database objects (or any
objects derived from them, like iterator objects, since those will
access the Database internally).

--
Richard