[Xapian-discuss] xapian.DocNotFoundError: regression?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Feb 20 01:53:28 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 06:52:03PM -0500, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 23:33 +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> > Does 1.1.4 built with GCC 4.2 fail if you use the brass backend?  To try
> > it set XAPIAN_PREFER_BRASS in the environment before running the test:
>
> Yes, same results with brass.  (Verified that iambrass existed in the db
> directory.)
>
> I tried recompiling with gcc 4.2, and -O0 and -O1 works, while -O2 and
> -O3 fails.

Thanks.  Rather than asking you to do more testing, it's simpler if I
make myself a hardy chroot and test in there.  Are you running 32 or 64
bit?  If you aren't sure try: uname -m

If you have spare disk space, it might be good to keep your build trees
around just in case I can't reproduce this myself.

I've created a ticket for this:

http://trac.xapian.org/ticket/449

Of course feel free to subscribe and/or add any information which might
be useful.