[Xapian-discuss] Latest revision and backwards compatibility

henka at cityweb.co.za henka at cityweb.co.za
Thu Jan 14 09:10:45 GMT 2010

Greetings,

I've been wondering about the index format and backwards compatibility.

We're using the dev version (for chert) and each svn up means that any
indexes created prior to this revision cannot be read.  Is this purely a
cautious move to prevent errors, and, barring any obvious index format
changes, can I safely force the current revision to read existing indexes?
 eg, by commenting out the throw in
xapian-core/backends/chert/chert_version.cc.

Or is there a better way?

Thanks
Henry