[Xapian-discuss] Text snippets

Shripad Bodas shripadbodas at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 21:40:19 GMT 2010

Hi,

The problem I am facing using Search::Tools is xapian treats query
string in terms eg. if the query is "universities" xapian may have a
corresponding term for this query as "universit" and while searching
it uses this term rather than "universities". Now if one of the page
has "university" in its text I want to highlight that as well. But
since the actual query is "universities" Search::Tools doesnt
highlight this word though xapian::search shows this page in the
result.
Now in my overall architecture I can supply this term list (i.e.
universit) to the perl script but is there any way that Search::Tool
will match half-word but highlight full-word?

Thanks,

Shripad Bodas