[Xapian-discuss] postlist: Tag containing meta information is corrupt.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jan 18 18:58:01 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 02:48:11PM +0200, Henry wrote:
> To summarise:
>   indexing completes without error.
>   searching -appears- to be OK (haven't tried with a large DB).
>   xapian-check-1.1 reports postlist corruption.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.  I'm thinking a corrupt postlist table
> may present a problem?

It's quite likely it's just the one entry which holds various stats, though I'm
surprised that searches don't trip over that as I'd expected it to be unpacked
by any search (without looking at the code).

So I'd guess it's a xapian-check bug.  I'll take a look when I have a chance
(quite busy with LCA2010 this week...)