[Xapian-discuss] Index indexed words

double ninive at gmx.at
Tue Jan 19 11:08:58 GMT 2010

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answer.

Tom wrote:
> I've done this by using an auxiliary database of suggestions, indexing
> them with partial terms, e.g.
>
> "Sigourney Weaver" -> "s", "si", "sig", ... "sigourney wea", ...

You are right. Firefox and Google index the terms only
from beginning. If you type "ocalhost" you hardly get
suggestions. I have expected them to index:

Sigourney -> sig igo gou our urn rne ney

> There's also FLAG_PARTIAL in Xapian's QueryParser

Thanks for this hint. I try to avoid wildcarded matches,
because they are usually expensive. I think your solution
is better.

Greetings from Austria
Marcus