[Xapian-discuss] Status of the java-swig bindings?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jul 8 05:40:24 BST 2010

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 03:02:54PM -0400, Jarrod Roberson wrote:
> I just get the latest version of Xapian 1.2.2 and see that the Java bindings
> still aren't in a package.
> Do these work?

I updated the filelist recently, so they build for me.  The testsuite (run
with "cd java-swig" and "make check") fails to compile the tests of subclassing
of MatchDecider and ExpandDecider for me.

I don't use them myself, so I don't know how well they currently work.
Patches to improve them are certainly welcome.  It would be nice to be able
to retire the old hand-coded JNI bindings.

> I am trying to hack them into a package but I can't find
> where the actual swig -java command is being executed from to add the
> -package command.

java-swig/Makefile.am