[Xapian-discuss] multiple value with the same number?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Sat Jul 10 09:32:49 BST 2010

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Mind if I ask why you want multiple values in one slot?  If you can't
> sort/collapse on them, then I don't see them being very useful vs.
> encoding the sequence of values into the document's data blob.

The emails being indexed are stored in lzma compressed archives -
extracting one can take 2-3 seconds.  The values that I store contain
info that can be displayed right away without having to extract the
complete email.
Besides, couldn't I use a MatchDecider() to look at my multiple values?

/Per Jessen, Zürich