[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.0.21 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jul 23 16:29:58 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 04:58:27PM +0200, Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann wrote:
> I have a fresh system (debian 5.0.5) and installed xapian 1.0.7-4 with
> apt, then i removed that and build xapian from source 1.0.21. After that
> i installed Search::Xapian.

Note that there's no need to build from source in this case - you can get
backported Debian packages of recent 1.0.x from backports.org.

> xapian-inspect: symbol lookup error: xapian-inspect: undefined symbol:
> _ZN10FlintTableC1ERKSsbib

You are probably running the xapian-compact from 1.0.21 with libxapian from
an older version - the xapian-* tools make use of some private symbols
outside of the stable ABI, so need to be run with libxapian from the same
version of xapian-core.

What does this report:

which xapian-compact
ldd `which xapian-compact`

Did you specify any --prefix when configuring xapian-core?