[Xapian-discuss] Why not use C instead of C++ show quickexample ?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jul 30 05:57:25 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:56:03AM +0800, Shuge Lee wrote:
> To most users, C is more simpler and easier that C++.
>
> Why not use C instead of C++ in quickexample ?

Xapian is a C++ class library, so you can't write a completely pure C
example.

The non-Xapian-related code in the simple examples is pretty minimal, and
it looks to me like they'd be less clear if they used C library calls
rather than C++ one - it is the Xapian code we are trying to demonstrate
here after all.

If you really think they'll be simpler without STL use, feel free to send
in such examples.