[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 1.2.0 build fails on libxapian.la target - Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9) sun4u SPARC

Richard Boulton richard at tartarus.org
Sat Jun 5 00:03:07 BST 2010

On 4 June 2010 23:28, Craig Talbert <craig.talbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've only pasted the last few lines of where the Xapian build fails
> below (the entire piece is 6639 lines long). I didn't get any warnings
> regarding zlib or libuuid from configure, so I'm assuming I have
> compatible versions. I am using libtool 2.2.6b, GNU ld 2.20.2010303. I
> know gcc 3.3.2 is a little behind the times, but I see the the
> documentation the minimum requirement is 3.1. I also see James Aylett
> reported compiling Xapian version 1.0.5 on the Solaris 9 with platform
> with gcc 3.3.
>
> Any ideas?

I don't think there's any useful information there (thought someone
with more experience of Solaris might see something I'm missing).  The
start of the errors is usually much more useful than the end, but the
whole log would be best - just put in in a pastebin somewhere (eg,
http://pastebin.com/) and send the link to us.

--
Richard