[Xapian-discuss] Problem with stop words by indexing

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jun 25 14:07:48 BST 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 08:16:57PM +0200, Emmanuel Engelhart wrote:
> On 01/06/2010 16:18, Olly Betts wrote:
> > On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 03:20:36PM +0200, emmanuel at engelhart.org wrote:
> >> Wouldn't be possible to simply add a property "stopper_strategy" to the
> >> termgenerator (or to the stopper) class and a method to modify it (like
> >> set_stopper_strategy() ?
> >
> > Sure, want to work up a patch?
>
> So, I propose here a simple patch which adds a public strategy property
> to the stopper classes.

Firstly, this needs to be upwardly ABI compatible if you want this to go
in before 1.3.0, so you can't go adding new members to classes in the
public API headers.

Also, we don't expose member variables like this in the public C++ API, so
it should be a method like "set_stopper_strategy()" (as you suggested
above).

And I don't think that Stopper is the right classes to add this to - it
would be more logical on TermGenerator I feel (which also handily has
a reference-counted Internal class to which you can safely add a member
variable for holding this new value).

I'd recommend opening a ticket on http://trac.xapian.org/ and attaching
patches there - that makes it harder to lose track of patches.