[Xapian-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2010

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Mar 7 14:55:13 GMT 2010

Google are running their Summer of Code again this year.  If you aren't
familiar with it already, you can find out more here:

http://code.google.com/soc/

I'm wondering if we should apply to take part.  I'm happy to act as admin
(which I did for SWIG last year so I know what is involved), and put together
the application.  Mentoring organisations have to apply this week (closing on
Friday 12th).

I suggest we set the scope to include Xapian-related work on other FOSS
projects, as well as on Xapian itself.  That means we can put together a wider
range of project ideas, and so have a broader appeal to students.

So if you are interested in mentoring, please speak up so we know if there's
sufficient interest - either here or on #xapian on freenode.

If you have generic GSoC questions, you might get a quicker response on #gsoc.